Archive for June, 2012
Sure you want to impress the interviewer but also keep in mind that not everyone has the same taste and thinking. Here are some tips on what to wear during job interviews.
- Don’t be too casual. You are not going for a run or hiking whether you are are not comfortable wearing the advisable clothes for interview, you should dress up a little.
- Dress up accordingly. Do your homework. Do a little research. Google is anyway there to help you. If you are applying for a job that do not require too formal dress code, do not overdo it. You don’t wanna end up looking like the CEO of the Company I’m sure!
- Don’t focus on the labels. If the job you are applying for is not about modeling a designer clothing line, do not focus too much on the labels. The Employer do not care about how much and famous the clothes you are wearing on.
- Don’t be a distraction. Wear something decent. If you think you have something to show or has the right to show off, well, then, interview is not a pageant. In short, don’t be a distraction to the interview. You can’t blame them if the interview turns out to be something you might not even like.
- Be more on the conservative side. This is something relevant to being a distraction. Stay away from wearing trendy clothes during an interview. Sure you want your accomplishments do the talking and not your fashionable clothes.
I hope the above tips help! I am not saying dressing up properly is the best substitute Read more »
Tags: dress code, job interview
Posted in On file, The Working Mom | 4 Comments »
So, finally, my bestfriend is getting married next year!! As expected, I was her personal chosen wedding coordinator for her big day and I am loving it! Didn’t I mention before that it’s my dream business and it’s slowly happening at the tip of my fingers.
Planning a wedding and make it happen according to what the couple really want is not an easy task especially that both are abroad and will only be able to be here physically a week before their big day. There are so many decisions to make and details to consider that is making the situation harder and complicated, and making it so hard to think where to begin.
As part of the usual wedding planning guide, I first paid attention on getting wedding photographer/videographer who will cover and capture special moments of the couple. These days, SDE or Same Day Edit or On-site videos are in and much awaited at the venue. I recommended Raya Photography and shown the couple some of their finished works over at FB, and I am glad they liked it.
Apart from this, I made an initial checklist as follows: Read more »
Tags: wedding, wedding coordinator, wedding planner
Posted in On file, Overtime | 2 Comments »
Aside from learning the violin, Deye, my eldest daughter has started with her formal piano lessons today. We managed to get a tutor who gives lessons at home which is convenient for us. Learning music is as hard as putting puzzle rings together if you do not have passion and born musically inclined.
Tags: piano, piano lessons, suzuki, tutor, violin, violin lessons
Posted in Extra Curricular Activities, On file | No Comments »
In the past two weeks, I have been busy working with Raya Photography, a young company that does photography, videography and at the same time plans the best wedding every couple dreams of.
After a long search for an AVP Producer, Read more »
Tags: events planner, photography, Raya Photography, wedding
Posted in On file, Overtime | 1 Comment »